As an HR professional, you play an important role in supporting UBC’s commitment to the mental health and wellbeing of its staff and faculty.
The resources listed below are from both UBC and external organizations. Please share them with your colleagues and the UBC community.
Supporting managers and deans
- Assisting faculty and staff in distress
- EFAP Resource Guide for Managers and Supervisors (Morneau Shepell)
- Trauma Response Tool Kit for Leaders (Morneau Shepell)
- Response strategies for addiction, violence or grief
- Working Through It: A Leaders Guide-Resources, strategies and education relating to mental health, coping and wellbeing at work.
- The UBC Reach Out page (both UBC and external mental health resources for all campus audiences)
- UBC’s Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- UBC’s Respectful Environment Statement
- Mental Health Training and Education
- Equity and Inclusion Office
- Access and Diversity Office
- Bullying and Harassment Prevention
- WorkSafe BC’s Bill 14 Legislation