What can managers and supervisors do to support faculty and staff wellbeing during COVID-19?
Many of us are adjusting to changes in our work, uncertainty, and disruptions to our personal lives. As we navigate these unprecedented times, it is important to consider ways to support mental health and resilience. The resources and links below are updated regularly.
Stay up-to-date with the latest information and updates on COVID-19 and UBC’s response. Visit https://covid19.ubc.ca/ for useful FAQs and resources for UBC faculty, staff and students.
Mental health education and information
As a supervisor, you play an important role in creating a positive and healthy work environment for your staff.
The resources listed below are from both UBC and external organizations, and they address some of the most common questions managers have about:
- Mental health education and information, including counselling and on-campus resources for staff and faculty
- Mental health issues in the workplace, including where to find coaching support
- Tips on creating a healthy work environment
Mental health issues in the workplace
The UBC Reach Out page contains both UBC and external mental health resources for all campus audiences.
- Coaching support for having difficult conversations or managing emotions in the workplace
- Support for mental-health-related issues within your department:
Creating a healthy work environment
We encourage you to contact us directly if you are seeking specific training to help you address mental health issues with your staff or faculty.
Remember: You do not need to be an expert to help someone in need.
External resources are not produced by UBC and UBC is not responsible for their content. External links are intended to educate and inform but not to replace UBC policies or procedures.