As of November 2, 2020, HRMS is the historical source of information of UBC faculty, staff, and student employees.
Faculty and departmental administrators use HRMS to perform the following tasks:
- View the employment history of employees up to October 28, 2020.
- View the personal information of employees up to October 28, 2020.
- View positions via Position Management up to October 28, 2020.
- View job openings / postings and applicants via eRecruit up to October 28, 2020.
- Produce reports and extract data - information relevant up to October 28, 2020.
The HRMS system uses software from Oracle / PeopleSoft. It is managed jointly by Human Resources and UBC Finance.
HRMS lets you view historical employment data for your employees. For details on how to use HRMS to look up employee data, see the HRMS Navigation and Employee Inquiry Guide.
The HRMS Position Management module lets you view historical faculty / staff positions.
- For details on how to use Position Management for faculty positions, see the Faculty Position Management User Guide.
- For details on how to use Position Management for staff positions, see the Staff Position Management User Guide.
The HRMS eRecruit module lets you view historical job openings / postings and applicants for historical faculty / staff positions.
- For details on how to use Faculty eRecruit, see the Faculty eRecruit Training Manual.
- For details on how to use Staff eRecruit, see the Staff eRecruit Training Manual.
- Documentation of Specific Pages – organized by module. These pages are also accessible from on-line help buttons.
- Opening & Downloading Documents - to access the Resume/CV of your applicants.
ePAF lets you view historical ePAF transactions. ePAF is supported by Payroll department of Financial Operations.
Reports and data extracts
The HRMS system has over 100 standard reports that can be generated at any time. To obtain a complete list of HRMS queries, please run the HRMS Query “000_MASTER_QUERY_LIST” from the HRMS Reporting database. All of the reports can be easily downloaded into Excel; see Chapter 9 of the HRMS Navigation and Employee Inquiry Guide for details on how to generate reports.
If the information you want is not available in any of the standard reports, custom reports can be created for you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this service.
If the information you want is not available in any of the standard reports, custom reports can be created for you. Please log a ticket with the Integrated Service Centre to request a new HRMS report.
Review the report catalogue that maps the FMS and HRMS reports to those available in Workday.
NOTE: HRMS data will be static as of October 28, 2020, and this will be reflected in all reports.
HRMS Forms and Manuals
To access the HRMS Forms and Manuals please click here.