In support of the evolving workplace, UBC has a team dedicated to workforce planning, analytics and reporting.
Workforce planning is a strategic and iterative process for identifying and addressing gaps (skills, capabilities, resources) between the workforce of today and the organizational needs of tomorrow.
Effective workforce planning enables UBC to align workforce requirements directly to the university's strategic goals.
When planning for our workforce needs, we identify key activities – rather than individual roles – that will help achieve our strategic goals. Workforce planning focuses on activities that drive the organization towards its strategic goals and activities that support the organization in achieving and sustaining its strategic goals; rather than activities that no longer move the organization towards its strategic goals.
- Strategically position the university as it shapes its future, with an eye to retention and growth, an improved employee experience, and relevant supporting budgeting discussions.
- Setting people up for success by providing the right opportunities and growth, with effective skills, capabilities, and resource management.
- Proactive and future-focus in identifying and shaping the future of work, recognizing emerging challenges in education, workforce, and business
- Encouraging an understanding of organization workforce
- Aligning the future of work with the direction of the university’s strategic plan.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration in solving for the future, across faculties and departments and administrative units.
- Enable institution to respond quickly and strategically to emerging challenges and change.
Workforce planning resources
Using your CWL, access workforce planning related information and resources as well as upcoming events.
To discuss your unit's needs, contact us via our secure intake form.
For more information contact our workforce Strategy team, email@example.com.
Workforce analytics and reporting
Workforce analytics is the practice of using human resources analytics to improve business decision-making.
UBC's workforce analytics team provides consulting services, delivers regular reports, and provides workforce data and advice in support of strategic planning and decision-making. The team also acts as a bridge between units within the human resources department and across the university.
Consulting services and analytical support in the areas of workforce analytics and reporting. We work and collaborate with partners across the university to identify client needs and provide available workforce data to support strategic decision-making on the local and university-wide levels.
Developing UBC’s HR core metrics, including but not limited to the distribution of employee headcount and full-time equivalent (FTE), historic trends, retention and attraction data, employee life cycle surveys, and cross-tabulation analysis by various workforce demographics. We also perform workforce analysis to inform the development and content of university-wide initiatives and plans, such as the Focus on People 2025 framework.
Consulting services in the area of survey methodology and design. We provide advice and expertise to partners across the university to ensure client surveys are designed to meet their intended purpose, carefully consider their audience, have actionable results, are streamlined for flow and reporting needs, and where appropriate, align with existing university-wide surveys.
Core quantitative analysis of UBC's Workplace Experiences Survey, including researching new findings, providing detailed reports to distributed clients, general interpretation, qualitative analysis of comments, and advising on data validity. We also collaborate with partners to identify actions arising from the report and recommend new workplace behaviours. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact a Workforce Analytics team member: