As a manager or administrator, review the new employee checklist with your employee. And refer your new faculty or staff member to UBC's orientation resources.
Complete the new employee checklist
A key step in onboarding a new employee, or an employee transferred from within UBC, is to complete the new employee checklist.
While the form is for departmental use only, the employee can request a copy of the completed list. The list needs to be completed by the manager or administrator in consultation with the employee.
Orientation and resources for your new employee
UBC offers a number of orientation resources available to those who are new to the Vancouver or Okanagan campuses. Please take a moment to review these options with your new faculty or staff member.
We encourage new members of the UBC community to visit the following prior to, or within the first few days of, employment:
- Visit Your First Days page on the UBC HR site for faculty and staff
- Access the Resource hub for new employees in Vancouver
- Benefits enrolment and information for employees
- Understanding your UBC Benefits Plan recorded webinar for new employees
- General required training for new employees, includes new worker safety orientation, preventing and addressing bullying and harassment, privacy and information security training, and more