Sept. 23 and Sept. 29: The Working Mind for Employees (2 parts)
Sept 24: Feeling Safe and Engaged: Returning to the Workplace - Facilitated Webinar
Sept 24: QPR Suicide Intervention Prevention
Sept. 27: Not Myself Today Information Session
Sept. 28: Strengthening Resilience
Oct. 5 and Oct. 7: The Working Mind for Managers (2 parts)
Oct. 12 Self and Community Care: Building Skills to Manage Stress
Oct. 13 and Oct. 20: Mental Health First Aid
Oct. 14: Not Myself Today Orientation Session
Oct.18: Overcoming burnout for Employees
- Preventing Burnout: Managing stress, emotions and our tendency to give (for Employees) - Self-directed
- Supporting Resilient Teams: Recognizing and Managing Burnout (For Managers & Leaders) - Self-directed
- Aug 3 - Nov 4: Conflict Resolution in the Workplace (Recorded Webinar)
- Aug.16 - Oct. 15: Dealing with sleep issues (Recorded webinar)
- Oct 1 - Dec 31: Feeling Safe and Engaged: Returning to the Workplace (Recorded Webinar)
- Mindfulness and the Benefits at Work (Recorded Webinar)
- Understanding your UBC benefits (Recorded Webinar)
- Self and Community Care: Building Skills to Manage Stress (formerly Self-care 101)
- Wellbeing in the workplace
- Vaccination Webinar: What you need to know about vaccines (Recorded Webinar)
- Travelling Health Fair, Women’s Health: Bone Health & Osteoporosis (Recorded Webinar)
- Travelling Health Fair: Women’s Health: Brain Health (Recorded Webinar)
- Travelling Health Fair: Women’s Health: Perimenopause & Menopause (Recorded Webinar)
30-Day Online Mindfulness Challenge
This free, innovative, evidence-based training is open to all UBC staff and faculty looking to incorporate mindfulness into the workplace and in their everyday lives. Content is delivered online via any device and focuses on simple yet powerful and achievable learning objectives. After just 10 minutes a day for 30 consecutive days, participants will have the tools to be healthier, more productive and better able to problem-solve and work in a team. Learn more and register for the challenge now.
- Physical Activity Peer Coaching (Online) – free 1-on-1 peer Physical Activity Coaching sessions.
- Move More, Learn More (In-person) – a 7-week program designed for Asian Women students who want to improve their health and fitness. Registration closes October 6th.
- Wellbeing Walks (In-person) – free themed Wellbeing Walks twice a month on Thursdays, 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Lunch + Lift (Online) – a series of free 2-in-1 interactive wellbeing workshops consisting of a 30-minute movement class, followed by a 30-minute interactive wellbeing session facilitated by a UBC wellbeing professional. This semester’s Lunch + Lift wellbeing sessions will include the following topics:
• Sept. 22: Positive Coping Strategies with Miranda Massie
• Oct. 27: Digital Eye Strain & Visual Ergonomics with Abigail Overduin
• Nov. 24: Mindfulness & Meditation with Aisha Tejani
- Movement Breaks (In-person or Online) – 5-10 minute movement breaks both in person and online.
- Get Active at Home (Online)
• Morning Yoga: Wednesdays 7:00 - 8:00 a.m., September 22 - December 1
• Lunch Yoga: Wednesdays 12:00 - 1:00 p.m., September 22 - December 1
• Evening Bootcamp: Mondays 7:00 - 8:00 p.m., September 20 - November 29
- Pre-recorded Movement Breaks and Group Fitness (Online) – All of our fun classes and movement breaks in one place at your convenience.
- Get Active (Online) – Find all the ways to help you begin or continue on your physical activity journey including a start-up workout program with instructional videos, a learn to run program and more!
- UBCycles – on campus bike service program offering bike rentals, maintenance and workshops. Upcoming UBCycles events include:
• Sunday, Sept. 19: UBCycles Social Ride
• Friday, Sept. 17: UBCycles Open House
• Sept. 27 - Oct. 10: GoByBike Week with a celebration station on Tuesday, Sept 28th in lower Administration Building
- Healthy UBC