A reminder to staff and research associates to use available professional development (PD) funding and submit your claims in Workday by Friday, March 4, 2022.
For the current PD funding year (April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022), staff and research associates are welcome to submit claims in Workday on a first-come, first-served basis until the annual funding pool is exhausted or by March 4, whichever comes first.
This year we anticipate that the PD funding pools will accommodate eligible claim submissions up to the March 4 year-end deadline.
Deadline for submitting your PD Fund claims in Workday: March 4
Professional Development Fund claims are entered, reviewed, and approved directly in Workday. To meet UBC Finance fiscal year-end deadlines:
- If you are staff or a Research Associate, please submit your reimbursement claim in Workday by Friday, March 4.
- If you are a manager or supervisor, please review and approve all claims in Workday no later than Wednesday, March 16.
PD Funds are intended to support learning activities that will enhance your workplace knowledge or skills and support your career growth at the university. Prior to making purchase or submitting a claim for reimbursement, check the Professional Development Funding page for fund guidelines as well as any updates on remaining funding pool balances.
PD Fund claims will not be accepted in Workday from March 5 to March 31. Claim submissions will commence again on April 1, 2022, at the start of the new funding year.
Visit the UBC Self Service Portal for Workday resources and support.
Related Workday Knowledge Base articles (CWL required):
- View My Professional Development Funds
- Claim Expenses Against My PD Funds
- Transfer PD Funds Reimbursement to my Department
- Please confirm that your PD Fund Reimbursable Allowance Plan is assigned in Workday (see “View My Professional Development Funds” Knowledge Base article noted above for instructions.) If you plan to make a claim and your PD Fund plan is not currently assigned, submit a Workday support request as soon as possible to have this issue resolved. Select HCM/HR as the ticket category. Select Professional Development Fund as the subcategory.
- BCGEU Okanagan Support Staff: All requests for the BCGEU Okanagan PD Fund require pre-approval before submitting expense claims through Workday.
- Faculty: The funding timelines, deadlines and budgetary considerations noted above do not apply to faculty, apart from Research Associates. Visit the Faculty Professional Development Funding page for information.
- HR News
- HR Network News