The purpose of the Workplace Preference Survey is to learn about faculty and staff experiences navigating new ways of working, as well as workplace preferences.
Take the 2021 Workplace Preferences Survey
UBC Vancouver faculty and staff are invited to participate in this survey.
This survey is open Monday, February 22 at 9:30 a.m. and closes Wednesday, March 3 at 4:00 p.m.
The survey link will open a new window and take you to an external website. UBC is partnering with third-party survey consultant TalentMap to administer the survey.
About the survey
The survey measures:
- Working remotely and workplace preferences
- Adapting to working well remotely
- Comfort working onsite during COVID-19
- Wellbeing and work/life blend
- Respect and consideration in the workplace
The results of this survey will inform our continued efforts to support faculty and staff to work safely and effectively while continuing to focus on their health, wellbeing and engagement.
The Workplace Preferences Surveys ran from June to September 2, 2020.
4,878 faculty and staff participated in the 2020 Workplace Preferences Survey.
Summary of findings
- 73% of staff respondents said that their work can be performed remotely and 24% responded that some of their work can be performed remotely
- 60% of faculty respondents said that their work can be performed remotely and 39% responded that some of their work can be performed remotely
- 93% of staff who responded would prefer to work remotely (54% all the time, 39% some of the time)
- 80% of faculty who responded would prefer to work remotely (40% all the time, 40% some of the time)
- More staff (87%) say they have adapted to working remotely during COVID-19 than faculty overall (68%)
- Only 25% of staff would feel comfortable working onsite given the current COVID-19 situation whereas 46% of faculty would feel comfortable
- Wellbeing and work/blend results that can be benchmarked to the 2017 Workplace Experiences Survey (WES) scored mostly higher
- Respect and consideration in the workplace scored higher for all respondent groups compared to WES
Please note, results do not represent organizational wide participation as VP portfolios were able to opt in to the survey administered by Human Resources.
If you have questions about your VP portfolio’s results, please contact your HR leader to learn more.
For other questions, contact email@example.com