Gain experience working at UBC.
Inspired by the future of research and learning? Have the drive to shape a better world? Curious to explore career paths at The University of British Columbia?
Come and join our temporary roster at UBC Hiring Solutions. We are looking for experienced Administrators and Finance professionals for a variety of temporary assignments.
UBC Hiring Solutions is responsible for providing the campus community with qualified temporary staff to fill varies opportunities on a short term basis. We manage the temporary staffing needs of various faculties across Vancouver, including the Point Grey campus as well as Robson Square (downtown) and the UBC units at Vancouver General Hospital and BC Children’s hospital.
As a temporary staff you will have a unique opportunity to gain exposure to various UBC departments, grow your network and explore different career paths at UBC.
Skills we’re looking for
To help you understand a bit more about what we are looking for, please read the following standards that our employees are expected to adhere to:
Minimum of three to four years of recent relevant administrative and/or financial processing experience in a professional office environment.
High school graduation supplemented by training in office procedures and practices or a combination of education and related work experience. University undergraduate degree preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, and judgment required.
- Proven ability to be flexible, confident and self-motivated.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues, and effectively resolve.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team and collaborate with others.;
- Adaptability to various office environments, conform to the established standards of conduct in each department.
- A commitment to enhancing one’s own awareness, knowledge, and skills related to difference.
- Must have skills pertaining to managing diversity across identities, perspectives, and behaviours (e.g. communication skills, managing conflict, flexibility and working in ambiguity). Behaviours that demonstrate empathy, sensitivity and, curiosity toward difference is a must.
Contact UBC Hiring Solutions
Phone: 604 822 5656