UBC recognizes the key role that mental health plays in the workplace. Mental health impacts everyone at UBC, not just those with a mental illness.
Our training and educational programs aim to support the UBC staff and faculty community with tools and resources to improve mental health, resiliency and coping skills. We encourage you to learn more about the various events and activities that take place throughout the year and invite you to join us as champions of mental health and wellbeing at UBC.
The ability of our students, faculty and staff to live, learn, work and support one another in a complex and challenging world is dependent on the mental health and resilience of our community members.
At UBC, we must take action at all levels of the institution to enhance mental health and resilience for all. This includes increasing mental health literacy and continuing to focus on decreasing mental health stigma, while equipping individuals with the skills and knowledge necessary to thrive.
UBC Vancouver: Please contact Miranda Massie, Workplace Wellbeing Practices & Learning Consultant, at email@example.com.
UBC Okanagan: Please contact Amanda Swoboda, Wellbeing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Specific Resources for Student Housing and Community Services Staff
- Thrive – annual event to help everyone at UBC discover their path to mental health
- UBC Wellbeing – Mental Health & Resilience priority
- Suicide intervention training
- Reach Out – mental health resources on and off campus
- Green Folder Guide – Faculty & Staff resources to assist students in distress