HR’s Wellbeing team is looking for Workplace Wellbeing Ambassadors (WWAs) at UBCV who will play a vital role in championing health and wellbeing for their departments and among their peers.
As an ambassador, you will act as a liaison between your department and the Health and Wellbeing Team in their effort to embed wellbeing and wellbeing practices within UBC workplaces. If you have enthusiasm and passion for health and wellbeing, join the Workplace Ambassador Program and play a vital role in fostering wellbeing in your unit/department.
Role of an Ambassador
- Share resources and learning opportunities with faculty and staff in your department/unit
- Organize/coordinate events, and activities that promote the health and wellbeing of faculty and staff
- Demonstrate a commitment to one’s personal and collective wellbeing through professional development and role modelling promising practices in the workplace.
- Liaise with the Workplace Wellbeing team to stay up to date on relevant priorities and initiatives and to share feedback, and experiences regarding faculty/ staff wellbeing at the local level
- Want to know more? We sat down with two of our current WWAs — Erin and Maureen — to discuss what it is like being a Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador. Check out the interviews.
What’s in it for you?
Being a WWA has its rewards!
- Opportunity to be directly involved in fostering a culture of wellbeing and making a difference in your workplace
- Receive ongoing training and support from Workplace Wellbeing Team
- Exclusive opportunities to increase individual health literacy
- Network with other Workplace Wellbeing Ambassadors
- And much more!
Time commitment and length of term
- Length of term: Ambassadors are asked to commit to this role for a minimum of one year, with the option to recommit to the role annually
- Time commitment: 2-4 hours per month (this may vary depending on training and programs)
The deadline to apply is September 2, 2022
For more information, please contact Truelove Twumasi, Workplace Wellbeing Programs Specialist: email@example.com.
This is for faculty and staff located on the Vancouver campus. Applications for the WWA program for UBCO will open again in 2023.
- HR Network News
- Healthy UBC