Are you an aspiring woman leader at UBC?
The Asia Pacific Women in Leadership (APWiL) Mentoring Program provides international and intercultural opportunities for the empowerment, professional growth and development of aspiring women leaders within the member institutions of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU).
A year-long mentoring program will match you with a mentor and will help you:
- Advance professional growth and leadership skills.
- Develop a self-reflective understanding and acceptance of your unique leadership style and strengths. Gain confidence in your unique abilities as a leader.
- Expand leadership acumen skills through training and learning from highly successful professionals outside their direct sphere of activity.
- Build a strong and supportive network from universities across the Asia Pacific.
- Gain insights and guidance to better tackle issues or challenges in the workplace.
- UBCV and UBCO faculty or staff
- Identify as a woman (cisgender, transgender, gender expansive, and intersex people who identify as women).
- Able to commit to a year-long program (August 2021 – September 2022).
Mentor applications are open to all genders. Application deadline is Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
More information and application details for both mentors and mentees is available on the Equity & Inclusion website.
- HR Network News