Tuition waivers are available to eligible staff and faculty members, and eligible dependents of staff and faculty members. Eligible dependent children of faculty members also have access to tuition waivers. The tuition waiver you are eligible for depends on your employee group and may include:
- A Tuition Waiver, which allows you to take up to 12 credits of UBC courses, or (for eligible staff employee groups) the dollar equivalent in UBC Extended Learning non-credit courses or approved Sauder School of Business Continuing Business Studies non-credit courses every 12-month period,
- The ability to transfer some or all of this Tuition Waiver to your eligible dependent spouse or child; and
- if you are a member of faculty or an academic executive, a Tuition Waiver for your dependent children of up to 120 UBC undergraduate credit courses
To learn more about the Tuition Waiver eligibility, what courses are covered, and how to apply, please click on your employee group, below:
- Faculty and Academic Executive
- Dependent Children of Faculty and Academic Executives
- Administrative Executive, Management & Professional, and Non-Union Technicians and Research Assistants
- BCGEU Okanagan, CUPE 116, CUPE 2278, CUPE 2950, Executive Administrative, Farm Workers and IUOE 115
Please note that you should submit the Tuition Waiver application before tuition payments are normally due. If you submit your Tuition Waiver application after the tuition payment deadline, you will be charges late fees and/or interest that will not be covered by the Tuition Waiver.
All Tuition Waiver applications are completed in your Workday account. For step by step instructions on how to apply, please search the Workday Knowledge Base or contact the Integrated Service Centre (ISC).
- Benefits FYI