Here are some of the most common questions we get from our RSB members. We hope these tips will help you find the information you need.
Q1: Where can I find information regarding my Sun Life extended health and dental benefits?
Head over to the UBC Retiree and Survivors Benefits page on the HR website. To find it, go to hr.ubc.ca and search: “RSB”.
- Or visit hr.ubc.ca/rsb
The Sun Life policy booklet can be found in the Quicklinks section on this page.
Q2: Where can I find the Sun Life extended health and dental claim forms?
To find these forms and many other useful benefits documents, take a look at the Making RSB claims page.
To access the forms directly, go to hr.ubc.ca and search “benefits forms”.
- Or visit: hr.ubc.ca/rsb/forms
Make sure you scroll down to the find the RSB section at the bottom of the page.
Q3: Why was my extended health/dental claim denied?
UBC does not have access to your personal medical/dental usage and claim history; we won’t be able to check why your claim was denied. Please contact Sun Life directly at 1-800-661-7334 or at 1-800-361-6212.
Q4: I’ve lost my Sun Life pay-direct card. How do I find my benefits information?
- Your policy number is 020605.
- Your member ID: 7-digit UBC employee ID OR 9-digit SIN.
- Check your RSB enrollment confirmation letter.
- View your information when you sign in at www.sunlife.ca/.
- You can also download your card when you sign in.
- Please contact Rohini Grover at email@example.com or at 604-822-4580 to obtain a new card.
Q5: I tried to claim using the policy number I used as a UBC employee 025205, but I have been informed that my benefits have been terminated. What do I do?
- The RSB policy number is 020605.
- Please inform your medical providers of the changes in your benefits information.
- You may refer to your RSB confirmation letter for a detailed reference to your benefits.