This is a nine-month cohort-based leadership development program for new Department Heads, Associate Deans, Directors and those in related academic leadership roles at UBC
ALDP is designed to enhance and contribute to the personal fulfillment of new academic leaders at UBC.
The program takes place between September and May, and is delivered through workshops, studios and one-on-one leadership coaching.
Key benefits to cohort members include:
- explore your roles and responsibilities as an academic leader
- learn practical information about how the university operates
- develop awareness of your leadership style through strengths and values assessments
- develop your leadership capacity through problem-based learning, coaching support, and peer mentoring
- explore leadership topics including managing staff and faculty, difficult conversations and conflict resolution
- grow your network and meet academic leaders and other colleagues across the university
Read more about the program offerings, cohort engagement findings, and evaluation results in the 2019-20 ALDP Year End Report (pdf).
How it works
Our ALDP leadership team works closely with academic units to identify potential candidates who are then contacted in early summer regarding admission.
The Academic Leadership Development Program is co-sponsored by the Office of the Provost, Vancouver, in partnership with UBC's Human Resources.
For questions or inquiries, please email the ALDP program manager.