UBC offers an online collection of instructional videos via LinkedIn Learning designed to provide just-in-time training in a variety of topic areas for staff and faculty.
LinkedIn Learning for faculty and staff
This learning resource allows UBC faculty and staff to access digital tutorials, courses, and curated learning paths to enhance their work performance and career development at no individual charge.
Sign up or login with your CWL to access LinkedIn Learning resources.
Please note that clinical faculty, student employees and contractors are not eligible to access LinkedIn Learning under the terms of the agreement.
LinkedIn Learning for students
All degree-seeking UBC Vancouver students and student employees (including co-op students) may access LinkedIn Learning under a separate agreement. Please visit the UBC Student Services LinkedIn Learning page for student login details.
LinkedIn Learning benefits
LinkedIn Learning is an online collection of instructional videos designed to provide just-in-time training in a variety of areas, including workplace business practices, software skills, information technology, marketing, design, video, web, 3D and animation, and more.
- Learn anytime, anywhere. Access LinkedIn Learning courses from your desktop or mobile device—anytime.
- Learn in your language. Get learning content in English, French, Mandarin, Japanese, Spanish, German and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders in business, technology and creative fields, all in one place.
- Personalized recommendations. Curated course recommendations drawing on insights from over 630+ million LinkedIn members.
Activate your UBC LinkedIn Learning account
- Login with your CWL.
- Go through the short series of prompts to create your account.
- You can choose to connect your UBC LinkedIn Learning account with your personal LinkedIn.com profile, or not. Connecting your accounts is optional.
Connecting your UBC LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn profile
When you are activating your account for the first time, you will be prompted to connect your LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn account – this step is optional and the choice is up to you. If you aren't sure, you have the option to connect your profile at a later time, or if you change your mind, you can also disconnect your profiles at any time.
Benefits of connecting your profile:
- Easy access directly from LinkedIn.com
- Experience more personalized learning with recommendations based on your professional profile and what others in your role or industry are learning
- Keep learning top-of mind with high-quality, expert-led learning recommendations as you scroll down your newsfeed. One click and the course starts playing right in your newsfeed.
Individual subscription with LinkedIn Learning
If you already have an individual subscription on LinkedIn Learning, you can switch between this account and the UBC subscription, and manage how you choose to share your learning activities with your organization. See the relevant articles and resources linked below in the Additional Resources section for more information.
Whether or not you have connected your learning account to your LinkedIn.com profile, the following information is part of your learning account:
- Learning history
- UBC employee information (name, employee ID, business email, faculty, department, job title, employee group, job function)
View the privacy information articles and resources linked below in the Additional Resources section for more information, as well as the UBC Privacy Notification information on the bottom of this page.
For help with managing your account, privacy information, gaining skills with LinkedIn Learning and more, there are many relevant resources on the LinkedIn Learning site. No account is required to access these resources.
- Manage your account and privacy settings
- Understanding your privacy settings
- Privacy information for LinkedIn Learning learners
- Disconnect your personal LinkedIn profile from your UBC Learning license
- Switch between LinkedIn Learning accounts
- VIDEO: How to Use LinkedIn Learning
- VIDEO: Gaining Skills with LinkedIn Learning
- VIDEO: Developing a Learning Mindset
If you have any additional questions after reviewing the information on this page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UBC Privacy Notification