Office ergonomics: Computer settings
- Working from Home Ergo Guide
- Visual Ergonomics: Solutions for Lighting & Eye Health
- Left Handed Mouse: change left/right click when using your mouse on the left
- Pointer Speed: Adjust pointer speed to reduce mouse movement
- Font Size: Increase display size
- Outlook Font: Increase Outlook font size
- Keyboard Shortcuts: PC and MAC
- Adjusting Your Chair: video from ErgoCentric on how to adjust your chair
Fitting in movement and stretch prompters*
*Follow up with your healthcare provider for the right stretches for you; use the prompters to remind you.
Adjusting your environment to fit you is important not only in the office, but also while you are commuting. See the following links for tips about driving, biking and laptop ergonomics.
- Driving Ergonomics
- Distracted Driving; talking on your cell phone, even if hands free, is not recommended
- Bike Ergonomics
- Laptop Ergonomics
The goal of the HR Ergo Pilot Fund is to support the University’s effort to reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injuries (MSI) by providing one-time funding for equipment purchases or space optimization solutions that mitigate MSI risk. This fund is particularly intended for new and innovative solutions that have not been trialed before. This fund is noted intended to fund office related equipment. Please see below for more information and the application form.
On average, people spend approximately three hours per day on their smartphone. This adds up to 1,095 hours per year or a continuous 1.5 months! Maintaining correct postures and making health-based choices can have a significant impact on you. Check out our online resource for helpful ergonomic hints.