The Pick Your Peak Stair Challenge is an annual, fun, and inclusive way to encourage faculty and staff to move throughout the day. All abilities are welcome to participate.
Please consult with a physician before participating if you have any existing medical conditions.
Registration for Pick Your Peak 2022 is now closed.
Popular stairs and hikes
- UBCV’s Top Stair Challenge Stairs & Hikes to Climb
- UBCO'S Top Stair Challenge Stairs & Hikes to Climb
*Please assess the safety of these areas and adhere to Covid-19 public health orders when choosing a climb.
- Check out these Pick Your Peak Selfies!
Please adhere to current public health orders and air quality advisories to keep yourself safe as you and your colleagues take the Pick Your Peak Challenge.
For additional information about staying safe in hot temperatures please visit:
For information about COVID-19 public health orders please visit:
Did you know?
- Stair climbing requires 8-9 times more energy expenditure than sitting.
- It counts as ‘vigorous’ physical activity and burns more calories per minute than jogging.
- You burn roughly 1.5 calories for every 10 steps.
- For buildings with five floors or less, it’s nearly always quicker to take the stairs.
- Studies show office workers save up to 15 minutes a day by taking the stairs.
- Stair climbing cuts carbon emissions. You could save between 0.3 & 0.6Kg of CO2/day.
- It can lead to improved cardiovascular health and stronger joints and muscles.
Start training now with this Stair Climbing Workout, beginner and advanced.