Eating well is as important to your overall health as taking the time to be physically active and engage in activities that support your mental wellbeing.
Eating the daily recommended amount and types of food will help you:
- meet your needs for vitamins, minerals and other nutrients,
- reduce your risk of developing obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, certain types of cancer and osteoporosis and
- contribute to your overall health and vitality.
Start by exploring Food at UBC Vancouver to find resources, tools and tasty recipes that are healthy and nutritious.
UBC’s Employee and Family Assistance Program provider offers programs and resources to help you meet your healthy eating goals. These include:
- Nutritional Information: Food and nutrition tips, information, recipes, articles; and much more. Learn more about food and nutrition.
- Nutrition Support: Connect with one of Morneau Shepell’s Registered Dietitians for advice.
- Health Coaching: Morneau Shepell’s Health Coaches are Registered Nurses and Occupational Health Nurses who offer practical, personalized support for physical health issues. Learn more about Morneau Shepell’s Health Coaching