About the Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador program (WWA)
The Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador (WWA) program is a pilot program that plays a key strategic role at UBC, supporting the Human Resources – Health, Wellbeing, & Benefits team in their effort to embed wellbeing and wellbeing practices within UBC workplaces.
The program aims to:
- Empower staff and faculty to support wellbeing activities within UBC departments
- Provide opportunities to build knowledge and apply learnings in the workplace.
- Support staff and faculty in their efforts to positively impact workplace wellbeing
Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador role:
Time commitment and length of term
Length of term: one year, with the option to recommit to the role annually
Time commitment: 2-4 hours per month- this may vary depending on training and programs
Being a WWA has its rewards!
Exclusive access to Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador resources through Canvas:
- Assists you in understanding your role and learning path as a Workplace Wellbeing Ambassador
- Provides comprehensive health and wellbeing information and toolkits to take action in creating a healthy workplace
- Motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals
Making the case to your department?
If you are looking for information for supervisors or managers to support an application as a WWA, we’re here to help! See below for helpful tools and resources.
For more information please contact Truelove Twumasi, Workplace Wellbeing Programs Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org, 604 827 2350