Moving companies do their best to ensure that moves and relocations go smoothly; however, with all the complexities associated with moving, there are times when items may go missing or get damaged in transit. Here is the procedure to follow depending on the moving vendor you contracted.
Quality Move Management (QMM)
UBC is the administrator for this moving vendor. Please note that:
- For moves within Canada, you have 60 days from the date of delivery to file a written claim.
- For moves between the United States and Canada, you have 9 months from the date of delivery to submit a written claim.
- For international moves, you have 30 days from the date of delivery to submit a written claim.
The following process is for filing a claim for domestic moves within Canada, cross-border moves from the US and international moves:
- Contact your QMM relocation coordinator to initiate a claim.
- Fill out the claims form and return to the Claims Manager.
For more information, contact your QMM relocation coordinator or the appropriate relocation contact at UBC.
Please contact the relocation coordinator listed for Armstrong Moving and Storage/Armstrong International Movers Ltd.
Please contact the relocation coordinator listed for AMJ Campbell.