Am I eligible under the Relocation Policy?
Your eligibility is based on your job title and the term of your new position. You are considered eligible if you are a tenure-stream faculty member, prospective tenure-stream faculty member, librarian, or senior management staff who is relocating to the UBC Vancouver campus from outside Metro Vancouver or the UBC Okanagan campus from outside the Kelowna area.
Eligible faculty and librarian positions include:
- Professor (tenure/tenure-track/grant tenure/grant tenure-track)
- Professor of Teaching (tenure/tenure-track/grant tenure/grant tenure-track)
- University Killam Professor
- Associate Professor (tenure/tenure-track/grant tenure/grant tenure-track)
- Assistant Professor (tenure/tenure-track/grant tenure/grant tenure-track)
- Acting Assistant Professor (tenure track/grant tenure-track)
- Instructor (tenure track/grant tenure-track)
- Senior Instructor (tenure/grant tenure)
- University Librarian
- Acting University Librarian
- General Librarian (confirmed/confirmed-track/grant confirmed/grant confirmed-track)
- Administrative Librarian (confirmed/probationary)
- Program Director (confirmed/probationary)
Senior management staff are considered to be the President, Vice-Presidents (VPs) and Associate Vice-Presidents (AVPs). Any exceptions must be authorized by the Vice President, Human Resources.
Appointments not eligible under the Relocation Policy
If you are in other positions (including Post-Doctoral Fellows, Visiting Scholars, Research Associates, Sessional Lecturers and other staff not in senior management positions) that are temporary, visiting or sessional, you are not eligible for financial assistance from the Central Relocation Fund, the UBC fund that supports the relocation policy.
You do however have the option to access one of UBC’s designated relocation companies, at your expense, for your moves to and from Canada. The University has arranged for these companies to provide the same negotiated rates and tariffs to new hires not eligible under Policy HR6 – Relocation (formerly Policy #82). For more information, visit our Contact page.
- You will be expected to make payments directly to the movers.
- You won’t need a purchase order to pay your relocation invoice.