The Centre for Workplace Accessibility (CWA) is a central hub for resources, tools, and programs that help remove barriers for faculty and staff with disabilities or ongoing medical conditions.
- Individual person-centred support
- Information about disability and workplace accessibility
- Eliminating barriers through workplace accommodations
- Funding for accessibility solutions through the Workplace Accommodation Fund
- Accessibility consultations
- Projects, initiatives and workshops to promote disability inclusion literacy
- ErgoAccess Demo Program
- Accessible parking for staff and faculty with disabilities or medical conditions
- Information for job seekers with disabilities
Process and approach
To request a meeting with a Workplace Accessibility Specialist, call or email us. We will contact you within 1 business day to set up our first conversation.
Our goal is to provide safe, person-centered support for disabled faculty and staff members. During our initial conversation, we will discuss your goals and provide the information and resources that might be helpful. We’ll take your lead in planning the next steps. Our conversation is confidential and we’ll only involve others in the process with your consent.
Informed by UBC’s Inclusion Action Plan, conversations with community members, and employment equity data, the CWA will enhance support for disabled staff and faculty and build disability inclusion literacy in the UBC community
6th floor, TEF 3
604 - 6190 Agronomy Road
Vancouver, BC Canada
If you’re a student or a student employee looking for accessibility support, contact the Centre for Accessibility (UBCV) or the Disability Resource Centre (UBCO).