Building an environment of respect, diversity, opportunity and inclusion.
The Respectful Environment Statement speaks to our freedoms and our responsibilities, and provides the guiding principles to support us in building an environment in which respect, civility, diversity, opportunity and inclusion are valued.
The University of British Columbia envisions a climate in which students, faculty and staff are provided with the best possible conditions for learning, researching and working, including an environment that is dedicated to excellence, equity and mutual respect. The University of British Columbia strives to realize this vision by establishing employment and educational practices that respect the dignity of individuals and make it possible for everyone to live, work and study in a positive and supportive environment, free from harmful behaviours such as bullying and harassment.
Steps to resolve conflict
- Ombudsperson for Students
- Contact Your HR Advisor/ Associate (staff)
- Contact Faculty Relations (faculty)
- Contact UBC investigations office
- Equity Office
- Bullying & Harassment Prevention
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Unions and Associations
- Policy HR10 – Employment Equity (formerly Policy #2)
- Policy LR7 – Disability Accommodation (formerly Policy #73)
- Policy SC7 – Discrimination (formerly Policy #3)