Workday is bringing changes to HR processes.
With the implementation of UBC's new administrative system, Workday, some of HR resources and processes will be changing. Please refer to the IRP website for more information and key milestones specific to Human Resources.
On the IRP website, view information about:
- Workday for Faculty overview and FAQs for Faculty
- Workday for Staff overview and FAQs for Staff
- Student Employees overview
- Hourly Employees overview
- Cyber Security Awareness
On this page, view information about:
- Transition to Workday: Changes to payroll and benefits
- Upcoming key dates for HR: Professional Development funds and Tuition Waivers
Transition to Workday: Changes to payroll and benefits
Beginning in November, you may notice some changes to your net pay as a result of UBC’s transition to Workday.
For the most part, these changes are minor, and reflect the fact that Workday allows us to calculate tax rates and benefit premiums more accurately, and make deductions in a more timely manner. As a result, while your salary/hourly pay rate, your benefits coverage and the total amount of income tax you pay will not change, the amount you are paid each payday may be different.
In addition, if you are paid hourly, your paydays will change from the 8th and the 23rd of each month to the 15th and last day of each month. This new payment schedule will align with those who are paid on salary.
These changes will take effect from November 1, 2020 and will be reflected on the November 13 pay day (as the 15th falls on a weekend).
Continue reading for more detail on each of the changes.
Upcoming key dates for HR
In the weeks prior to go-live, there will be deadlines for entering information into our current systems, as well as dates and times when our current systems will be unavailable. During any periods of system downtime, an interim process will be put in place to allow for operational continuity as we transition from our current systems to Workday.
Dates that apply to the broader UBC community can be found on the IRP Preparing for Go-Live page.
Professional Development Funds
- PD requests are to be submitted and approved by October 8 through the current email process.
- After October 8, hold future requests until November 15 at which time they can be submitted through Workday.
- Employees considering non-credit courses are encouraged to submit TW requests/changes for non-credit courses before October 15. A manual process will be in place for submitting non-credit course TW requests between October 16 and November 15. Please visit Tuition Waiver page for more information.
- After October 15, hold all TW credit course requests and changes until November 15 at which time they can be submitted through Workday.
NOV 2: UBC goes live with Workday for HR and Finance!