Welcome to UBC, one of the world's top universities and one of Canada's top employers. We're here to support you as you settle into your new role at UBC.
The essentials to get started
Below are some guidelines to help you get oriented to your new role. Your manager or local administrator may offer a more customized plan that will be relevant to you, your role, and your work arrangement.
You can also view these guidelines in PDF.
Tour UBC's campuses
Experience what makes UBC unique and learn what’s available to you on our two stunning campuses – all without leaving your home. Explore the Vancouver campus and Okanagan campus by taking a virtual guided tour.
Your UBC employee orientation hub
This New to UBC Orientation Course is a self-directed resource and learning space to support new faculty and staff in onboarding and navigating UBC resources and services. Regardless of your specific role, this resource hub is designed to support you during your first few months at UBC.
Course content includes:
1. About UBC: An overview of UBC, the organizational structure, and starting your onboarding journey.
2. Onboarding Fundamentals: An overview of essential tools, technologies, and mandatory trainings, as well as your benefits, pension and UBC's approach to remote work.
3. Shaping the Future: An overview of how UBC is shaping the future of research, teaching and work – as well as the resources available to support faculty and staff.
4. UBC Community: Insights into campus life including tours, arts and culture, athletics and recreation – as well as how to get connected.
5. Living UBC's Values: An overview of important topics such as equity, diversity and inclusion, health and wellbeing, Indigenous engagement, and sustainability.
Faculty and Staff Orientation events offered by the university will expand on the content in this course and provide additional networking and engagement opportunities with the UBC community.
If you have questions or need help in your first days and weeks at UBC, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.