As an employee of UBC you and your dependent family members may be eligible to take many UBC courses without paying some or all of the tuition fee.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT TUITION WAIVERS
With the implementation of UBC's new administrative system, Workday, some of HR resources and processes will be changing. Tuition waiver applications for credit courses will be accepted through the current system until October 15, 2020. Hold on to your credit courses tuition waiver requests until November 15 to submit them through the new system when it becomes available.
A manual process will be in place to apply for non-credit course tuition waivers between October 15 and November 15, 2020. Visit your employee group tuition waiver page and scroll down to “How and when do I apply” section, or see below for more information.
APPLYING FOR NON-CREDIT COURSES FROM OCTOBER 16 UNTIL NOVEMBER 15:
Submit Tuition Waiver requests for non-credit courses (including UBC Extended Learning and Sauder Continuing Business Studies) using the Non-credit tuition waiver request form.
Please email completed form to:
Surname Beginning with A - L
Surname Beginning with M - Z
The tuition waiver you are eligible for depends on your employee group and may include:
- a Tuition Waiver, which allows you to take up to 12 credits of UBC courses, or (for eligible staff employee groups) the dollar equivalent in UBC Extended Learning non-credit courses or approved Sauder School of Business Continuing Business Studies non-credit courses every 12-month period,
- the ability to transfer some or all of this Tuition Waiver to your eligible dependent spouse or child; and
- if you are a member of faculty or an academic executive, a Tuition Waiver for your dependent children of up to 120 UBC undergraduate credit courses
To learn more about the Tuition Waiver please click on your employee group below:
- Faculty and Academic Executive
- Administrative Executive, Management & Professional, and Non-Union Technicians and Research Assistants
- BCGEU Okanagan, CUPE 116, CUPE 2278, CUPE 2950, Executive Administrative, Farm Workers and IUOE 115
Note: BCGEU Childcare employees are not eligible for the Tuition Waiver. Please contact your supervisor for information about funding for professional development activities.
Questions about tuition waivers?
Professional development opportunities
Our team offers a variety of programs that support you, your unit and the university as a whole. Workplace learning includes workshops, one-on-one coaching, leadership programs, career navigation, on-demand learning and team consulting services.
Funding is also available to several employee groups to support learning opportunities that enhance knowledge, work performance, and career growth at UBC. Funding can be accessed to supplement UBC tuition waivers and a variety of external learning activities such as professional membership fees, workshops, conferences, and courses. Discover your eligibility and information on how to apply by visiting our PD Funding page.