Now that you have completed the benefits enrolment process, there are still a few more steps to get the most out of your benefits.
If you need information on the benefits enrolment process, please see Enrolling in Benefits.
Check that your details are correct
The benefits summary in Workday is the fastest way to check that your details are correct. The benefits summary will show you exactly which benefits you are currently enrolled in, as well as your dependent(s) and beneficiary information.
- To find the Benefits Summary, see View My Benefits in the Workday Knowledge Base for help.
- If you need to make any changes to your benefits enrolment, dependent(s) or beneficiaries, see the Benefits & Pension Change articles in the Workday Knowledge Base.
Finalizing optional life insurance – complete a health statement
During the benefits enrolment process, you may have had the opportunity to submit an application for Employee Optional Life and/or Spouse Optional Life. If you applied for optional life insurance, you will soon receive a Workday notification from your Benefits Partner in Payroll with the Health Statement and next steps – your enrollment will remain pending until approved by Sun Life. Please complete this task, and submit your Health Statement to Sun Life to ensure your coverage is in place as soon as possible.
Make a note of your Extended Health and Dental numbers
You’ll need these numbers when completing claim forms. Also, let your dental office know so they can submit claims on your behalf.
- Sun Life Group/Contract Number: 025205
- Member/Certificate ID: your 7-digit UBC employee ID
For complete details about your plan, please refer to the extended health and dental booklet for your employee group.
Set up your access to the Sun Life member website
After you have completed the enrolment process through Workday, you will need to set up an account on the Sun Life member website.
Go to mysunlife.ca once Sun Life receives your enrolment and their system is updated with your enrolment information — this can take up to 5-7 days. Use the "Register" button on the mySunlife.ca website and follow the steps to set up your account. Sun Life administers your Extended Health and Dental plans, by setting up access to your account you can now sign up for direct deposit, submit many claims, and view details about your benefits.
For more detailed steps, please see this Sun Life member portal enrolment guide.
Register for Fair PharmaCare
Fair PharmaCare helps B.C. families pay for many prescription drugs, dispensing fees and some medical devices and supplies. If you have not registered for Fair PharmaCare, please do so immediately. You can register by phone or online:
- Telephone: In the Lower Mainland, call 604-683-7151, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm Pacific Time; Elsewhere in BC, call 1-800-663-7100 during the same hours.
- Online: Go to the PharmaCare website and register for Fair PharmaCare.
If you are new to BC, register for Fair PharmaCare as soon as you receive your BC Services Card.
Notify Sun Life of your Fair PharmaCare registration number
When you register for Fair PharmaCare, you will receive a letter with your (and, if applicable, your family’s) registration number. Please contact Sun Life to inform them of your number. When communicating with Sun Life, you will need to identify yourself using your group number (025205) and your member ID (7-digit UBC employee ID).
- Telephone: Call the Sun Life Customer Care Centre at 1-800-661-7334, Monday – Friday 5:00 am – 5:00 pm Pacific Time.
- Secure message: Once logged into your online my Sun Life account (www.mysunlife.ca), you can send Sun Life a secure message (click on the envelope in the top right corner) requesting your Fair Pharmacare Registration Number be added to your Sun Life profile.
- Mail: Send a letter or forward a copy of your confirmation letter to the Sun Life Claims Office: PO Box 2010 Stn Waterloo, Waterloo, ON N2J 0A6.
- Send proof of your registration with your next claims submission to Sun Life.
Look for your Sun Life pay-direct drug card in the mail
If you have enrolled in the extended health plan, you will receive a Sun Life pay-direct drug card for your prescription drug purchases. This card will be sent to your home address in approximately three to four weeks.
If you have requested coverage for more than one dependent, you will be issued two cards in your name, as you are the primary plan member.
No other identification cards will be issued via the mail.
Download your drug card and your travel card
You can quickly and easily download and print your Sun Life drug card and travel card, which includes your coverage details, from the my Sun Life online account or from the my Sun Life Mobile app. This will ensure you have both a physical copy and a digital copy of your essential details on hand when you need them.
Here are the instructions for downloading your Sun Life cards on desktop and mobile
Obtain a copy of your benefits booklet
To learn more about your benefits coverage and to find a copy of the Sun Life Group Benefits booklet, visit the HR Benefits website and click on your employment group.
Contact one of our helpful Benefits Associates, if you have further questions or need assistance with benefits coverage.
For Workday resources and help visit the Integrated Service Centre.