It is important to keep the beneficiary of your life insurance policies up to date, so that in the event of your death (or your spouse’s death for Spousal Optional Life Insurance), the benefit is paid to the correct individual(s).
If you do not designate a beneficiary, the life insurance benefit will be paid to your estate in the event of your death (or your spouse’s estate in the event of their death and if they hold Spousal Optional Life Insurance).
To view your beneficiary designation:
- Go to the UBC Faculty & Staff Self-Service Portal and sign in using your Campus Wide Login (CWL) and password.
- Under myBenefits, click on View Benefit Enrolments.
- Click on the Basic Life and/or Optional Life and Optional AD&D (if applicable) hyperlink to view the beneficiary for you and/or your spouse.
If you wish to change your beneficiary:
- Complete the Basic Life Beneficiary Change Form, Employee Optional Life/AD&D Beneficiary Change Form or the Spouse Optional Life/AD&D Beneficiary Change Form.
- Submit the original completed form to UBC Payroll for processing:
UBC Financial Operations
5th Floor – TEF 3
6190 Agronomy Road
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3
UBC Finance Operations and Strategies
2171 EME – 1137 Alumni Avenue
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7