The UBC Extended Health Plan includes access to Best Doctors, a network of medical and mental health specialists who can guide you through your treatment needs.
This service is available to faculty and staff (and their dependents) enrolled in the UBC Extended Health Plan from October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2023 at no additional charge.
What is Best Doctors?
Best Doctors is a confidential service that provides clarity, confidence and understanding if you or your eligible dependents have any concerns or doubts about a diagnosis, need help deciding on a treatment option or question the need for surgery. It provides a range of services that can help you:
- understand a medical condition.
- confirm you have the right diagnosis.
- ensure you are aware of the best treatment options.
- get an expert second opinion.
- navigate the Canadian health care system.
- find a specialist within your provided parameters.
What services are available?
World-renowned experts provide a wide range of services to help you and your treating physician make the best possible decision for your health. Best Doctors gives you the peace of mind you deserve under any medical circumstance.
- Expert Medical Opinion: get a review to confirm an existing diagnosis and treatment or recommend a change. Best Doctors will match you with a Registered Nurse who will become your personal health advocate.
- FindBestDoc: find local experts who meet your specific medical needs.
- FindBestCare: find experts outside of Canada who meet your specific medical needs.
- Best Doctors 360˚: get a variety of condition-specific information from a registered healthcare professional to help address your medical needs.
- Mental Health Navigator: get a review of your mental health and guide you through the complex mental health care system to get the right treatment plan for you.
- Ask the Expert: get personalized answers to questions about a medical condition, treatment option, or symptom.
How to access Best Doctors
To access this confidential service call 1-877-419-2378 and provide the UBC policy number 025205 (no member/certificate number required.) To get started online, visit the Best Doctors website.